On 1 January 2016, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development — adopted by world leaders in September 2015 at a historic United Nations Summit — officially came into force. The sustainable and efficient management of natural resources is now imperative for the achievement of at least 12 out of the 17 UNSDGs.
According to the United Nations of Environment Program (UNEP), the experience from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) demonstrates that there is a need for science-based decisions. The scientific factor is therefore needed to set boundaries and monitor the progress of any targets and indicators, yet policy relevant in order to trigger political action. All those parties should be forward-looking, taking into account the needs of the present generation while also considering sustainability for future generations, promoting action in the short-term while creating a sustainable vision for the long term.
Environmental resource management tries to identify factors affected by conflicts between meeting needs and protecting resources, therefore it links to environmental protection, sustainability, and integrated landscape management. Environmental resource management can be viewed from various perspectives because the environment involves the relationship of the human environment, i.e. social, cultural, and economic, with biophysical environment. Hence environmental resource management covers many disciplines, including geography, biology, physics, chemistry, sociology, psychology, engineering, and many other related disciplines.
The Faculty of Geography Universitas Gadjah Mada, notably the Department of Environment Geography has been working for a long time on environmental issues. In order to highlight the topic of environmental resource management in the global region and to broaden perspectives on this subject, the Faculty will organize “The 3rd International Conference on Environmental Resources Management in Global Region”.
The list of committee ICERM 2019:
- Prof. Dr. Muh Aris Marfai, M.Sc. (Dean, Faculty of Geography, Universitas Gadjah Mada)
- Dr. Sukamdi, M.Sc
- Dr. Dyah Rahmawati Hizbaron, M.T., M.Sc. (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Dr. Rika Harini, M.P. (Head of Department)
- Dr. Eko Haryono, M.Si.
- Dr. Sri Rum Giyarsih, M.Si.
- Conference Chair: Dr. Agus Joko Pitoyo, M.A.
- Conference Co-chair: Dr. Abdur Rofi’, M.Si.
- Organizing Secretary: Ratih Fitria Putri, M.Sc., Ph.D.
SECRETARIAT, REGISTRATION AND PAPER SUBMISSION
- Ratih Fitria Putri, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Seri Aryati, S.Pd., M.Sc.
- Citra Amalia W. S., M.Sc.
- Navila Ulfi Fauziyanti, S.Si.
- Sumadi, LPPT UGM (Admin e-paper UGM)
- Arief Rizky Herdiansyah
- Gita Oktaviani Fadilah
- Dr. Umi Listyaningsih, M.Sc.
- Dwi Prastiwi, A.Md.
IT, WEBSITE, PUBLICATION
- Dr. Sudrajat, M.P.
- Muhammad Arif Fahrudin Alfana, S.Si., M.Sc
- Helmi Putri Ramdani
- Hayyun Nadia
- Aji Wijaya Abadi
ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION
- Dr. Sri Rahayu Budiani, M.Si.
- Dr. Rr. Wiwik Puji Mulyani, M.Si.
- Hartinah Ika Yulianti, S.E
- Dwi Nugroho
- Anisa Rahma Fajarani
DOCUMENTATION, EQUIPMENT AND DECORATION
- Dr. Djaka Marwasta, M.Si.
- Utia Kafafa
- Nur Rizki Fitri Hastari